Like every year, also this year we organize a pre-conference (before the conference). The pre-conference offers you to experience some more about the surroundings, the nature, the culture, the habits of the people and the region, as well as to get to know one another better. This year we’ll stay in a specific part of The Netherlands that is called the region of the ‘Green wood’.
In the pre-conference there is room for 15 persons maximum!!
Tuesday April 26 2022 (11:00) until Thursday April 28 2022 (16:00).
We’ll stay at the B&B / farm camping Op ‘t Hogt, (very close to the conference venue in Sint-Michielsgestel) in different type of rooms, like a gipsywagon, small hut, or normal bedroom in a B&B (1 or 2 person rooms with separated beds). In the big shed is a well equipped kitchen to cook our meals and a cosy living room where we can hang out.
The B&B is located in the beautiful surroundings of the ‘Green Wood’, with lots of trees, small villages and typical Dutch meadows.
Tuesday April 26: Kingsbird shooting Day
- Morning: Arrival participants (11:00) and lunch together
- Afternoon: picking up the bikes (essential means of transportation during these days!)
- Local activity ‘kingsbird shooting’, this is an old custom, connected with the local civil guard.
Wednesday April 27: Experience Kings Day
- Morning & afternoon: Experiencing Kings day (yearly celebration of King William’s birthday) in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, like strolling over secondhand market, being part of the festivals and having lots of fun. Bring your orange colored clothes and other orange gadgets!
- Afternoon: Cultural activity: visiting the Jheronimus Bosch Art Center (=”Dutch Dalí”) and boating on the canals of ‘s-Hertogenbosch and biking back to the farm camping.
Thursday April 28: Exploring the Green Wood
- Morning & afternoon: biking around in the beautiful environment of the ‘Green Wood’, while visiting several points of interest. A wind/water mill, a castle, wooden shoes factory, sheepfarm etc.
- Afternoon: traveling to the conference venue (16:00)
Pre-conference fee: €150
All meals, program-activities, accommodation and bikes are included. The pre-conference fee has to be paid with bank transfer together with the conference fee by the signing up.
Hope to see you soon,
Pre conference team